Release management in an agile cloud software development project
Sector : Software development
Country : Germany
Location : Saxony
Staff : > 100
Assumption and optimization of release management as part of a sophisticated cloud software development project.
- Planning and monitoring of transfer of release into the test and live environments in an agile development environment.
- Coordination of cross-team releases from the customer's portfolio with distributed product life cycles.
- Assuring the integrity of the live environment, and rolling out previously tested components.
- Risk management, taking into account temporal and qualitative constraints.
- Consideration of quality criteria for the release of hardware and software artefacts based on functional and non-functional testing requirements.
- Active increase in the efficiency of the release process in the course of continuous improvement.
- Close interaction with participating product management, development, project management, test and service teams.
- Reporting on release status to the management as well as participating teams with dedicated escalation.
- Preparation of a decision-making basis for release.
- Definition of key performance indicators as well as rollout schedules for software releases.
- Interaction with external teams as well as the customer's teams.
provativ solutionSelection and provision of a precisely matched project manager with strong experience in release management and extensive methodological knowledge.
Project duration6 months
Engagement of the proposed expert made it possible to significantly increase the efficiency of the release process.